Configuring E-mail Filters in Outlook 2007/2010
- In Outlook 2010, on the Home ribbon in the "Move" box click on "Rules", in Outlook 2007, click "Tools"
- Click on "(Manage) Rules and Alerts"
- On the E-mail Rules tab, click "New Rule"
- The Rules wizard will appear. Under "Start from a blank rule", select "Apply rule on messages I receive" (2010) or "Check messages when they arrive" (2007) and click Next.
- On the next screen check the box for "specific words in the message header"
- On the "Step 2" section (the bottom pane), click on the link for "specific words."
- In the top box, type "X-Spam-Score:" (include the colon, but not the quotes). Click Add. Click Ok. Click Next.
- On the action menu, check the box for "move it to the specified folder."
- On the lower pane, click on the link "specified." Select the folder "Junk E-mail." Click Finish. Click Ok.
The purpose of this particular rule is to get Outlook to recognize and filter spam email message that the campus email servers have tagged as spam before delivery. Filtering rules can be used for many other things as well, such as filtering mailing list emails, PAN notifications, Out-of-Office auto-replies and so forth. Follow the instructions above and select the appropriate options to make more filters.