Lessons from the past few days
- Running buildout fifty times a day does not equate to productivity.
- Version pinning is your friend! More importantly...
- First: Products.ContentWellPortlets has been updated to a version dependent on Plone 4.0. So for us lowly Plone 3.3.5 runners, pin it to 2.1 (Products.ContentWellPortlets==2.1)
- Second: plone.reload is also unpinned, but it needs to be set to 1.5 for Plone 3.3.5 as well (plone.reload==1.5)
- UnknownExtra: zope.i18n 0.0 has no such extra feature 'zcml' — is actually code for "Aww haaail no, do I look like Plone 4!? I'm Plone 3.3.5, so quit trying to use those fancy new add-ons with me."
- Even after those lovely discoveries, buildout is still the devil, and refuses to compile successfully.
Very frustrating. Tyler & I got back from Plone Symposium East this weekend, and I have so many new things I want to try & implement!! Why must you hinder me so, buildout? Anyway, PSE11 deserves a write-up of its own. In fact, the Plone Theming training I took from Six Feet Up also warrants an entirely other write-up, with everything Chrissy taught! Amazing! Even that last blog entry about event collection portlets — blew it out of the water with a simple portal catalog query and repeating tal statement. I'll divulge later though, maybe after buildout quits snackin on hater tots...